Thai Noodle Bowl
Recipe created by Kendra Peterson, Chef/Owner of Drizzle Kitchen.
Peanut free, nut free, gluten free, dairy free
• 1⁄2 c. Don’t Go Nuts Lightly Sea Salted Soy Butter
• 2 T. grated ginger
• 3 T. reduced sodium gluten free tamari
• 3-4 T. coconut sugar, maple sugar or organic cane sugar
• 2 green onions, minced
• 1/4 c. cilantro, minced
• zest from 1 lime
• 2 t. toasted sesame seeds
• 1/3 c. hot water
• 2 T. toasted sesame oil
• 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/2 c. chopped snow pea pods
• 2 T. chopped ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 c. sliced woodear mushrooms (you can find them dried, simply add hot water to plump them back up) or sliced shiitake mushrooms
• 2 t. mirin (asian cooking wine)
• 4 servings of brown rice noodles, cooked and drained (or just rice noodles, also commonly known as “pad thai noodles”)
Mix together all the sauce ingredients with a small whisk until no more lumps of soy butter remain. Add more sugar or tamari as your tastes dictate. Set aside.
Warm a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the toasted sesame oil and sauté the red pepper, pea pods, chopped ginger, chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms until the vegetables are softened and it is fragrant. Add the mirin and sauté another minute.
Rinse the rice noodles in cool water to loosen. Add them to the pan along with the sauce mixture and toss with tongs until everything is combined. Sprinkle with additional toasted sesame seeds or minced cilantro and serve.
Kendra Peterson is the Chef/Owner of Drizzle Kitchen; Food Editor at Kicksprout.com; Food and Nutrition Editor at Breatherepeat.com, and Advisory Board Member of Chicago Food and Nutrition Network.
Trackback from your site.