No-Peanut Butter Pie
The first step in making the perfect peanut butter pie? Hold the nuts! This delicious creation from @eatswithmir (adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction) has all the yumminess of the original, but it's made with our Soy Spread instead! That means you just found a post-Thanksgiving feast treat the whole family can enjoy - regardless of allergies.
Here's how to make it:
- 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup Sea Salted Soy Spread
- pinch of salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Sea Salted Soy Spread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make your crust first: Combine all ingredients for crust and mix well. Pour mix into a 9" tart pan, packing tightly (use the bottom of a measuring cup or back of a spoon to press mix into tart pan). Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Let cool completely (approx. 30 minutes).
- Make your "PB" filling: In a standing mixer, or with a handheld mixer, beat butter until creamy (about 2 minutes at medium speed). Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, and mix until well combined. Add Soy Spread and whip on high for about a minute.
- Spread filling into crust and set aside.
- Make your chocolate topping: In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and Soy Spread, stirring constantly. Pour chocolate mix over pie.
- Chill pie in refrigerator for 4 hours prior to serving.