Homemade Chocolate Pop Tarts
Recipe created by Mary, Kitchen Maryment.
The best way to start the day is chocolate-filled 😋 This week's exciting news just got more delicious! We are now a Spokin verified brand, and this mouthwatering recipe for Homemade Chocolate Pop Tarts comes to us courtesy of Spokin ambassador Mary. Celebrate the announcement with us in the most chocolatey way we can think of!
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Don’t Go Nuts Chocolate Soybean Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder. Pulse once to combine.
- Next add butter pieces and pulse until mixture has formed crumbly small sized bits.
- Add milk and egg yolk and press pulse until a dough begins to form. It happens quite fast, so I just keep my finger on the button and press manually.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down and cover with a thin layer of flour (2-3 tsp). Take the dough from the food processor, form it into a ball and place on the parchment paper. It’ll be a bit sticky so you’ll want to knead some flour into the dough.
- Flatten dough with the palm of your hand once, pinch a bit of flour on top of the dough, then take your rolling pin and roll it out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into rectangles 3.5″ x 2.5″. Re-roll and cut as needed to use the rest of the dough.
- Put a heaping teaspoon of chocolate spread in the center of half the rectangles.
- Cover the rectangles with spread with a plain rectangle and press down around the edges to seal. You can use a fork to crimp the edges to seal it further.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Then spoon some spread on the top to finish. Let sit for a few minutes and serve. Enjoy!