GLUTEN/GUILT/ALLERGEN-FREE ELVIS COOKIES
5 strips of Applegate Organic Sunday Bacon
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 C The Soulfull Project Gluten Free Rolled Oats
8 oz. Don’t Go Nuts Chocolate Soy Spread
1/2 C Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels (optional)
1. Bake bacon until super crispy. Let cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, mash bananas in a mixing bowl until smooth.
3. Add oats, add more if needed to soak up the banana.
4. Add about half the jar (8 oz) of chocolate soy butter. The consistency should be doughy. If it’s too wet, add more oats.
5. Crumble the bacon into the batter.
6. Optional (since you already have chocolate in the batter) – add a handful or two of chocolate chips.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls, and place on baking sheet equally spaced. Flatten down and bake* at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until a little crispy on top.
8. Let cool (or don’t) and then devour – virtually guilt free!
*Another option is to just roll them into balls and put them in the fridge and eat them as a snack – Power Balls!
We are grateful to Tracy at UNFI for creating and sending us this recipe. Thanks for sharing the fun, Tracy!